First things first.
- Know your values. Values are a guiding light. They can help you make difficult decisions, and help you stick to a plan that may require sacrifice or long term dedication.
- Know your goals. Where do you want to be in 2 years? in 10 years? What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? What do you want people to say about you at your funeral?
- Ask. Are you living the kind of life now that will get you to your goals in 2 years? in 10? at the end of your life? When do you need to start?
- Know what you earn = Income.
- Know what you need to spend = Expenses.
- Know what you owe = Debt
- Know what you ACTUALLY SPEND = Track your money for a month
- Ask, what are my wants and what are my needs?
- Decide– What do I have to go to get from here to there? To a life well-lived. To a satisfying finish. To a relaxing evening rocking on the porch with an old friend in your old age, contemplating all your accomplishments.
- Action. What are the first steps you can take today to get there?
If you are intrigued by any of this, I invite you into my community. Here I’m creating a community of like-minded individuals, people who are all interested in living a life they can be proud of. We attend monthly goal-setting meetings in Los Angeles, and if you can’t make it let me know and we can set something up for a remote session.